Sunday, July 18, 2010

Psalm 113 - 143: A free and full life

- Giving back:  A psalmist wrote, "What can I give back to God for the blessings he's poured out on me?"
  • "Lift high the cup of salvation--a toast to God"
  • "I'll pray in the name of God"
  • "I'll complete what I promised God I'd do"...AND
  • "I'll do it together with his people" (Psalm 116:9-11)
- Small but mighty.  Loved Psalm 117. It was only 5 lines!
- "A free and full life" -- it only comes from living God's way, but I want it (Psalm 118:21-25).
- The race:  "I'll run the course you lay out for me if you'll just show me how" (Psalm 119:32)
- Workin' your fingers to the bone?  "God enjoys giving reset to those he loves" (Psalm 127:1-2)
- The blessing:  "Children are God's best gift" (Psalm 127:3). Thank you, God, for two of them.
- My goal:  "My life a prayer" (Psalm 130:3)
- You are precious:  We are God's "prized possession" (Psalm 135:4). The Psalmist describes Israel this way, but through Christ we are adopted into God's family and we can enjoy the promises he made to his beloved people of Israel.
- Remember this next time you pray:  "Angels listen as I sing my thanks" (Psalm 138:1-3).
- Why David was a man after God's heart:  "I only have eyes for you," David wrote to God (Psalm 141:8). Pure and simple, David was in love with God.


Elena's verse of the day:  "You are my God. Show me what you want me to do, and let your gentle Spirit lead me in the right path" (Psalm 143:10).

No comments:

Post a Comment