Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Proverbs 15 - 29: Silver hair an award?

- Simple but profound:  "A simple life in the Fear-of-God is better than a rich life with a ton of headaches" (Proverb 15:16).
- A word for the hotheaded:  "Hot tempers start fights; a calm, cool spirit keeps the peace" (Proverb 15:33).
- School of wisdom:  Notice the order! "First you learn humility, then you experience glory" (Proverb 15:33). And it all comes from the fear of God.
- How to be successful:  "Put God in charge of your work then what you've planned will take place" (Proverb 16:3).
- Silver strands:  I love this verse. Since chemo, I've had to contend with gray hair because I'm not supposed to color it for awhile. I think I'm starting to like it, and this verse helps. "Gray hair is a mark of distinction, the award for a God-loyal life" (Proveb 16:31). I've never thought of gray hair as an award. I like it.
- The power of words:  "Words kill, words give life; they're either poison or fruit--you choose" (Proverb 18:21).

Elena's verse of the day:  "We humans make plans but the Lord has the final word. Share your plans with the Lord and you will succeed" (Proverb 16:1,3)

No comments:

Post a Comment